Botanical Print on Silk
- Sat Jul 08, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Botanical Printing on Silk Workshop
with Margaret Marcy/ Gosia Eco Design
Learn how to create a beautiful and unique Botanical print using a natural Eco Printing technique with flowers and leaves. During the class you will learn the basics of Eco Printing
- getting to know plants for printing
- process for mordanting protein and cellulose fabrics
- eco printing with plants and natural dye blanket
- different methods of bundling and steaming process
At the end of the workshop, you will leave with one-of-a-kind silk scarf cover with beautiful botanical patterns.
Workshops registration closes at 8 students, so there will be plenty of personal attention. We will meet for a magical happening, exploring the possibilities of natural dyes and eco printing.
Material included in the package:
- light silk scarf 44” by 44”,
- natural dye
- plant materials
- paper towel
Students should bring: apron & rubber gloves
Register by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and pay by e-transfer . Fee per student - $120 (tax included)