Caledon Music Festival 2021
- Fri Sep 10, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Sun Sep 12, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
After a long intermission, the Caledon Music Festival is thrilled to be returning to in-person concerts at the Alton Mill Arts Centre in September with two separate outdoor performances in the newly-roofed Annex Courtyard - on Friday evening and Sunday afternnoon.
Previously called Belfountain Music Festival, the organization was founded in 2014 by violinist Zackary Ebin to provide great musical experiences in the Caledon community. Currently led by Emily Rho, Caledon Music Festival continues the mission of presenting artistically excellent concert experience to be enjoyed by audiences all ages. The festival features some of Canada's most exciting professional classical musicians against the backdrop of beautiful local historic and landmark sites.
Friday Sept. 10 7:30 pm Cocktails & Classics
- Debussy: Clair de Lune - String Quartet Arrangement performed by Emily Kruspe & Katya Poplyansky - violin, Rory McLeod - viola, Amahl Arulanandam - cello
- Marais: Les Folies d'Espagne - Sarah Yunji Moon - flute
- Villa-Lobos: Jet Whistle - Sarah Yunji Moon - flute & Amahl Arulanandam - cello
- Foley, 3 Sketches - Travis Harrison - Double Bass
- Mendelssohn, String Quartet Op. 13 - Emily Kruspe & Katya Poplyansky - violin, Rory McLeod - viola, Amahl Arulanandam - cello
- Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 - Terry Lim & Sarah Yunji Moon - flute, Katya Poplyansky & Emily Kruspe - violin, Rory McLeod - viola, Amahl Arulanandam - cello, Travis Harrison - Double Bass
- Vocal set featuring Emily Vondrejsova - soprano, accompanied by Katya Poplyansky - violin, Rory McLeod - viola, Amahl Arulanandam - cello (Handel's Piangerò la sorte mia from the opera, Giulio Cesare; Dvorak's Songs My Mother Taught Me; Puccini's Quando me’n vo from the opera, La Bohème; and the Beatles' “Something”)
- unfortunately, the audience sing along has been cancelled due to COVID transmision concerns - another item to be added shortly
- Dvorak, String Quintet Op. 77 (Katya Poplyansky & Emily Kruspe - violin, Rory McLeod - viola, Amahl Arulanandam - cello, Travis Harrison - Double Bass)
Arrive early - there will be a variety of food and beverage options on site for all your tastes including a burger bar featuring both beef and vegetarian options as well as fresh cut French fries.
For more information about the Festival including performer bios, Adult amateur and Children's programs or to buy tickets, go to https://www.caledonmusicfest.ca/.